The standard tour to Robben Island is 3.5 hours long, including the two half-hour ferry rides. Ferries depart at 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm, weather permitting, from the V & A Waterfront in Cape Town.
The Robben Island Tour includes:
- A return boat trip across Table Bay
- A visit to the infamous Maximum Security Prison
- Interaction with an ex-political prisoner
- A 45-minute bus ride with a guide providing commentary
- The opportunity to explore the Murray's Bay Harbour precinct attractions, such as the Muslim shrine, or kramat, and the Museum Shop.
To secure a place for yourself or your group on the ferry during the busy summer season, we recommend you book early.
Concession rates to schools and disadvantaged groups are also considered on application to the concessions and complimentary ticket administrator.
Click here to book your tickets online